The Cabinet Member:
1. Authorised the issue of the following work packages to Milestone Infrastructure Services under the Council’s existing Peterborough Highway Services Contract.
• Safety fencing works in 2021/2022, works package value not to exceed the available budget of £2.057m including £0.657m slipped from 2020/21
• Safety Fencing works in 2022/2023, works package value not to exceed the available budget of £1.4m
• Safety Fencing works in 2023/2024, works package value not to exceed the available budget of £1.4m
2. Authorised the Executive Director, Place and Economy, to vary the value of the works order when required, subject to;
(i) available budget being in place.
(ii) the reason for the variation is for genuinely unforeseen reasons leading to fundamental changes in the project plan and target cost, and that such details along with a breakdown of where costs have been varied shall be made available in full on request.
(iii) the total sum of each variation not exceeding £50,000; and (iii) the combined value of the works order and any authorised variation(s) do not exceed the annual budgets advised above. Order variations in excess of £50,000 are to be made in consultation with the council’s Internal Audit and Finance Teams.
3. Authorised the Executive Director, Place and Economy, to vary the scope of the order when required to cover other related highway works subject to the limits imposed by items 2 and 3 above and with the approval of the Executive Director of Resources.'
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings greater than £500,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 04/06/2021
Decision due: Not before 9th Jul 2021 by Cabinet Member for Strategic Planning and Commercial Strategy and Investments
Lead director: Executive Director Place and Economy
Department: Place and Economy
Contact: Amy Petrie, Principal Programme and Project Officer, 01733 452272, Email: email@example.com.
Budget consultation has been completed as part
of the approval process, any necessary works consultations will
take place shortly prior to works being established on
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Growth. Environment and Resouces Scrutiny Committee