Approval to award a contract for the refurbishment of the current school building and to build a single storey block with flexible spaces at Marshfields School – KEY/23DEC19/02
The Cabinet Member, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Resources:
- Authorised the construction of a single storey building comprising three flexible classroom/studio spaces to replace an existing temporary mobile together with some refurbishment of the existing school buildings at Marshfields School up to the value of the budget sum of £1.9m, subject to the Council obtaining consent pursuant to section 77 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1988. This sum shall include the anticipated design and build contract costs of and funding for Information and Communications Technology (ICT), all site surveys and project management and technical advisers fees.
- Authorised the Corporate Director, People and Communities in consultation with the Interim Corporate Director: Resources and legal services to award the contract for the construction works to the successful contractor from Lot 2 of the Peterborough City Council Construction Framework following the mini-competition process.
- Authorised the Director of Governance or delegated officers to enter into any other legal documentation on behalf of the Council in relation to this matter.
- Authorised the refurbishment and expansion of Marshfields School subject to planning consent being obtained followed by approval at the Delegated Members Approval meeting.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings greater than £500,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: East;
Notice of proposed decision first published: 22/11/2019
Decision due: Not before 2nd Jan 2020 by Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, Education, Skills and the University
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, Education, Skills and the University
Lead director: Corporate Director People and Communities
Department: People and Communities
Contact: Sharon Bishop, Capital Projects and Assets Officer Sharon Bishop, Capital Projects and Assets Officer, sharon.bishop.peterborough.gov.uk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01733 863997.
Relevant internal and external
A public consultation for residents, staff, pupils and ward councillors was held in January 2018. An update to the proposals will be sent to out to all parties once designs are finalised following the reduction in budget and therefore scope of works.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Children and Education Scrutiny Committee
- 08/01/2020 - Award of contract for the refurbishment of the current school building and to build a single storey block with flexible spaces at Marshfields School – JAN20/CMDN/69