Delegation of duties from Peterborough City Council to Cambridgeshire County Council - KEY/24DEC18/03
The Cabinet Member authorised:
1. The Council enter into a Delegation Agreement (DA) with Cambridgeshire County Council for the provision of an Integrated Front Door Service for Children across Peterborough and Cambridgeshire for a period of 5 years from 1 January 2019 with an option to extend for up to a further 5 years, with Cambridgeshire County Council as the lead authority;
2. That a shared Integrated Front Door Service for Children is provided by Cambridgeshire for both Peterborough City Council and Cambridgeshire County Council;
3. That Cambridgeshire County Council accepts the delegation of functions from Peterborough City Council as agreed and listed in the DA; and
4. That the Director of Governance amends the constitution to reflect the delegated functions to Cambridgeshire County Council.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Significantly affecting two or more electoral wards;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 23/11/2018
This decision will be taken under urgency procedures.
Reason for urgency:
With the approval of the Chairman of the Children and Education Scrutiny Committee Urgency procedures have been invoked to suspend the requirement to advertise the decision for the full 28 days.
This is in order to protect service delivery during the handover period of the contract. This service is critical in ensuring that the vulnerable service users are appropriately evaluated and signposted to the right services for assessment, and it is important to ensure that there is a smooth transfer from PCC to CCC. This also involves a third partner (Serco) and the timing has been influenced by the need to finalise arrangements with them as well.
Decision due: Not before 13th Dec 2018 by Cabinet Member for Children's Services
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Children's Services
Lead director: Corporate Director People and Communities
Department: People and Communities
Contact: Nicola Curley, Assistant Director for Children's Social Care Nicola Curley, Assistant Director Children's Services, 864065, Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01733 864065.
Relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Staff within Cambridgeshire County Council
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Children and Education Scrutiny Committee
- 13/12/2018 - Delegation of duties from Peterborough City Council to Cambridgeshire County Council - DEC18/CMDN/61