Approval of funding for the provision of accommodation to reduce homelessness - KEY/17SEP18/02
The appendices are NOT FOR PUBLICATION in accordance with paragraph (s) 3 of Schedule 12A of Part 1 of the Local Government Act 1972 in that it contains commercially sensitive information relating to the business affairs of the Council and Medesham Homes LLP. The public interest test has been applied to the information contained within the exempt annex and it is considered that the need to retain the information as exempt outweighs the public interest in disclosing it
The Cabinet Member:
1. Approved a grant of £6,199,950 to Medesham Homes LLP, funded from Right to Buy Receipts, to enable the provision of 35 new affordable homes in Eye Green, Peterborough
2. Delegated authority to the Head of Sustainable Growth Strategy to replace some of the Right to Buy Receipts with S106 Affordable Housing Commuted sums should eligible s106 receipts subsequently become available to apply to this project.
3. Delegated authority to the Head of Sustainable Growth Strategy to replace £1,015,000 of the Right to Buy Receipts with S106 Affordable Housing Commuted sums for the Midland Road Scheme (JAN18/CAB/78)
4. Delegated to the Director of Law and Governance the authority to finalise and put in place any agreements and legal documentation necessary to give effect to these proposals, in consultation with the Corporate Director of Growth and Regeneration and the Acting Corporate Director, Resources;
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings greater than £500,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 17/08/2018
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt - View reasons
Explanation of anticipated restriction:
The decision will include an exempt annexe. By virtue of paragraph 3, information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
Decision due: Not before 21st May 2019 by Cabinet Member for Housing, Culture and Recreation
Lead member: Councillor David Seaton, Cabinet Member for Finance email@example.com
Lead director: Acting Corporate Director for Resources
Contact: Adrian Chapman, Service Director Community & Safety Cambridgeshire County Council & Peterborough City Council 01733 317465, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01733 863887.
The issues associated with homelessness in Peterborough have been subject to significant discussion in various forums, including the Council's Adults and Communities Scrutiny, Cabinet and Full Council
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Growth, Environment and Resources Scrutiny Committee
- 22/05/2019 - Approval of funding for the provision of accommodation to reduce homelessness - MAY19/CMDN/01
- 13/06/2019 - Growth, Environment and Resources Scrutiny Committee Request to Call-In Executive Decision: Approval of funding for the provision of accommodation to reduce homelessness - MAY19/CMDN/01 13/06/2019