Consultation on Changes of Governance with Fire
Cabinet considered the report and RESOLVED to:
1. Object to the option as detailed within the Police and Crime Commissioner Business Case option 3 (Governance Model) and supports option 2 (Representative Model);
2. Use the response of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough’s Fire Authority to the consultation either in whole or part to support the preferred option 2;
3. State it was the view of the Council that a blue light hub, based on the Fire Service and Ambulance service, was looked at in greater detail, as there was a clear and historical synergy between both of these important public services; and
4. Delegate the preparation of a full written response to the Chief Executive, in consultation with Group Leaders, by the closing date of 4 September 2017.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: For Determination
Notice of proposed decision first published: 26/07/2017
Decision due: 26 Jul 2017 by Cabinet
Lead member: Leader of the Council and Member and Deputy Mayor of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
Lead director: Chief Executive
Contact: Gillian Beasley, Chief Executive Email: email@example.com Tel: 01733 452390.
- 19/07/2017 - Cabinet Consultation on Changes of Governance with Fire 19/07/2017
- 19/07/2017 - Council Consultation on Changes of Governance with Fire 19/07/2017
- 26/07/2017 - Cabinet Consultation on Changes of Governance with Fire 26/07/2017