Cabinet received a report which was submitted following the recent consultation on proposals for Adult Social Care charging; a referral from the Scrutiny Commission for Health Issues and a referral from the Corporate Management Team meeting held on 11 November 2015.
The purpose of the report was to provide information for consideration on a number of proposed changes to the Council’s Adult Social Care Charging Policy; for Cabinet to receive responses and comments from a recent public consultation; to receive responses, comments and recommendations from the Scrutiny Commission for Health Issues and to seek Cabinet’s approval of the recommended changes to the charging policy and for the method of implementation of these changes.
Cabinet considered the report and NOTED:
1. The proposed changes to the Adult Social Care charging policy and the recommended option, this being option 4.7(a), as set out in the Cabinet report;
2. The responses and feedback received from the public consultation on the charging proposals;
3. The comments and recommendations of the Scrutiny Commission for Health Issues on the charging proposals, these being that:
i. option 4.7(a) in respect of the charging policy proposals was the preferred approach; and
ii. that income generated from the Adult Social Care Charging Policy should be ring-fenced for re-investment in adult social care services.
4. To approve the proposed changes to the charging policy, as set out in option 4.7(a) within the report to Cabinet, to take effect from the earliest available opportunity as part of the routine financial assessment.
5. In approving the policy Cabinet NOTED the recommendation from the Scrutiny Commission for Health Issues ‘that income generated from the Adult Social Care Charging Policy be ring-fenced for re-investment in adult social care services’ and confirmed that this was the case.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Significantly affecting two or more electoral wards;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 24/07/2015
Decision due: 18 Jan 2016 by Cabinet
Lead member: Councillor Wayne Fitzgerald, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care, Health and Public Health email@example.com
Lead director: Corporate Director People and Communities
Department: People and Communities
Relevant internal and external stakeholders
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Scrutiny Commission for Health Issues
Meeting Open to Public: n/a