The Cabinet Member:
1. authorised the Corporate Director, Resources in consultation with the Director of Governance to agree variations to the contract awarded to Viridor Peterborough Limited (Viridor) to make short term arrangements for Viridor to sell the electricity and/or heat from the energy recovery facility (ERF) for the period up to 31 March 2016;
2. authorised the Corporate Director, Resources in consultation with the Director of Governance to negotiate and enter into short or longer term offtake arrangements for the Council to sell the electricity and/or heat from the ERF for the period after 31 March 2016;
3. authorised the Corporate Director, Resources to act as ‘Superuser’ on behalf of the Council and to have the legal capacity to make any declaration required by Ofgem for the Council to participate in Ofgem’s Renewables and CHP Certificate Registry IT system;
4. authorised the Corporate Director, Resources in consultation with the Director of Governance, to accept delegations from one or more waste disposal authorities to allow waste to be accepted from those waste disposal authorities for treatment at the ERF under Section 9EA of the Local Government Act 2000 and Regulation 5 of the Local Authorities (Arrangements for the Discharge of Functions) (England) Regulations 2012; and
5. authorised the Corporate Director, Resources in consultation with the Director of Governance to enter into delegation agreements with other waste disposal authorities.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings greater than £500,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 12/06/2015
Decision due: Not before 23rd Sep 2015 by Cabinet Member for Waste and Street Scene
Lead member: Councillor Gavin Elsey firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead director: Executive Director of Corporate Service
Department: Corporate Services
Contact: Richard Pearn, Head of Waste, Resources and Energy Email: email@example.com; Tel: 01733 864739 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01733 864739.
Relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Sustainable Growth and Environment Capital
Meeting Open to Public: N/A