Peterborough Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule and Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) - KEY/06JAN15/14
Cabinet received a report which followed the Examination in Public of the Peterborough Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Draft Charging Schedule (PDCS). The report explained the outcome of the Examiner’s report on the Draft Charging Schedule, the proposed modifications to the final charging schedule and associated policies, and proposed a formal adoption date of 24 April 2015.
Cabinet considered the repot and RESOLVED:
1. To recommend to Council that:
A. the Examiner’s Report into the Draft CIL Charging Schedule is considered and the recommendations and conclusions that underpin them are accepted;
B. the Peterborough Community Infrastructure levy (CIL) Charging Schedule is adopted, with CIL to come into effect for all planning applications approved on or after 24 April 2015;
C. the Council’s CIL Supporting Policies Document (including Regulation 123 List, Instalment Policy, Payment in Kind Policy and Statement of Exceptional Circumstances Relief) be adopted and published;
D. delegated authority be given to the Director of Growth and Regeneration (a) to take all steps necessary to implement the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended), and (b) to take all necessary enforcement action under the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended);
E. Local Validation Requirements be amended to require the submission of CIL liability details from 24 April 2015;
F. 5% of CIL is retained for the administration and governance costs incurred by the Council, in accordance with the CIL Regulations; and,
G. The Community Infrastructure Levy is added to the Council’s Major Policy Framework and to approve the consequential Constitutional amendments resulting.
2. To approve the Developer Contribution Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) for adoption, with the SPD coming into effect on 24 April 2015; and
3. To revoke the Planning Obligations Implementation Scheme (POIS) SPD, effective from 24 April 2015.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Significantly affecting two or more electoral wards;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 12/12/2014
Decision due: 7 Apr 2015 by Cabinet
Lead member: Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Growth, Strategic Planning, Housing, Economic Development and Business Engagement
Lead director: Executive Director Place and Economy
Department: Place and Economy
Relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Sustainable Growth and Environment Capital Scrutiny Committee
Meeting Open to Public: n/a
- 07/04/2015 - Peterborough Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule and Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) - APR15/CAB/33
- 07/04/2015 - Cabinet Peterborough Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) - Draft Charging Schedule* 07/04/2015
- 15/04/2015 - Council Peterborough Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule and Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) - KEY/06JAN15/14 15/04/2015
- It is not anticipated that there will be any documents other than the report and relevant appendices to be published.