Future of Solar and Wind Projects - KEY/14NOV14/01
Cabinet received a report which followed an internal review by officers and consideration by the Cabinet Member.
The purpose of the report was to consider the way forward in respect of the two wind and three ground mounted solar PV projects namely:
· Farms of Newborough (wind and solar)
· Morris Fen (wind and solar)
· America Farm (solar only)
In October 2014, it was stated that Cabinet would receive a report that the plans for wind and solar schemes at Newborough Farm and Morris Fen in Thorney were to be ceased. Final evaluations were currently taking place to determine whether the third scheme at America Farm should progress.
Cabinet considered the report and RESOLVED:
1. To approve the cessation of the solar/wind projects at the farms of Newborough and Morris Fen and that the two planning applications be withdrawn;
2. That in respect of America Farm, no further action is to be taken due to the insufficient information available at this stage;
3. That in line with the Council’s budget strategy, all cost be written off on the basis of a worst case scenario that the remaining scheme does not proceed.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings greater than £500,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 17/10/2014
Decision due: 23 Feb 2015 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Resources
Lead director: Acting Corporate Director Resources
Various internal and external consultation has taken place. Motion debated at Council on 8 October 2014.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Sustainable Growth and Environment Capital
Meeting Open to Public: n/a
- 23/02/2015 - Future of Solar and Wind Projects - FEB15/CAB/17
- 23/02/2015 - Cabinet Future of Wind and Solar Projects 23/02/2015
- It is not anticipated that there will be any documents other than the report and relevant appendices to be published.