Peterborough Flood Risk Management Strategy - KEY/25JUL14/01
Cabinet received a report following a referral from CMT on 5th August 2014.
The purpose of the report was to:
· introduce the statutory requirement for Peterborough to have a local flood risk management strategy,
· present the resulting Draft Peterborough Flood Risk Management Strategy (FMS),
· to consult and seek approval from Cabinet for public consultation to take place on the FMS.
· convey the formal recommendation from Sustainable Growth and Environment Capital Scrutiny that the City Council’s Constitution was amended to make the FMS major policy.
Cabinet considered the report and RESOLVED:
1. To approve the Draft Peterborough Flood Risk Management Strategy for the purpose of it being publically consulted on during October and November 2014;
2. To support the proposal of the Sustainable Growth and Environment Capital Scrutiny Committee to include further explanatory text in the Flood Management Strategy prior to its publication, as set out in paragraph 5.7 of the report; and
3. To support the recommendation of the Sustainable Growth and Environment Capital Scrutiny Committee to amend the Constitution and thereby place the Flood Management Strategy as a Major Policy item.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Significantly affecting two or more electoral wards;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 27/06/2014
Decision due: 22 Sep 2014 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Planning and Housing Services
Lead director: Executive Director Place and Economy
Department: Place and Economy
Relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Sustainable Growth and Environment Capital
Meeting Open to Public: N/A
- 04/09/2014 - Sustainable Growth and Environment Capital Scrutiny Committee Amey Annual Partnership Report 04/09/2014
- 22/09/2014 - Cabinet Peterborough Flood Risk Management Strategy 22/09/2014
- It is not anticipated that there will be any further documents.