14/01650/FUL - 63 Sycamore Avenue, Dogsthorpe, Peterborough, PE1 4JP
- Meeting of Planning and Environmental Protection Committee, Tuesday 20th January, 2015 1.30 pm (Item 7.)
The planning application was for a proposed single storey extension to a restaurant at 63 Sycamore Avenue, Dogsthorpe.
The main considerations were the siting, scale and design of the extension.
It was officer’s recommendation that planning permission be granted, for the reasons set out in the report.
The Principal Development Management Officer provided an overview of the application and raised the following key points:
· The proposal was for a single storey extension to the existing restaurant site. A new car parking layout had been proposed alongside the extension.
· Ward Councillors Miners and Saltmarsh has submitted representations outlining the current problems faced with car parking in the area, welcoming any improvements proposed. Councillor Miners further welcomed conditions restricting firework use on the site.
· The management had stated that they would be doing all they could to ensure the proper conduct of their customers in relation to parking.
· The design of the extension was considered to be in keeping with the height and design of the existing dwelling, and was recommended for approval. There was not considered to be overbearing or overshadowing impact.
· Twelve extra car parking spaces would be provided with the extension, bringing the total to thirty-nine spaces. This was three less than the maximum standard and was considered acceptable.
The Committee was pleased to see that work was being undertaken to improve the site. The Committee further discussed the clarity of the entrance and egress of the car park, and enquired as to whether appropriate fencing could be included as a condition.
The Principal Development Management Officer clarified that a condition could be added to any planning permission in relation to boundary treatment, to find a suitable solution. Condition three could also be strengthened in relation to the car park lay out and line out of spaces.
A motion was proposed and seconded to agree that permission be granted, as per officer recommendation, with the strengthening of condition three in relation to the lay out and lining of the car park, and an additional condition regarding boundary treatment. The motion was carried unanimously.
RESOLVED: (unanimous) that planning permission is GRANTED subject to the conditions set out in the report and:
i) The strengthening of condition three in relation to the lay out and lining of the car park; and
ii) The addition of a condition in relation to boundary treatment.
Reasons for the decision
Subject to the imposition of the attached conditions, the proposal was acceptable having been assessed in light of all material considerations, including weighing against relevant policies of the development plan and specifically:
· The siting, scale and design of the proposed extension was considered to be visually compatible for the site and the surrounding streetscene.
· The proposed car parking provision was considered on balance to be sufficient for the extended restaurant proposed.
· The proposed extension would not adversely reduce the current residential amenity of neighbours in terms of any overbearing or overshadowing impacts.
· The proposal was therefore considered to be in accordance with Policy CS16 of the Core Strategy, and Policies PP02, PP03 and PP12 of the Planning Policies DPD.
- 1401560FUL - Location Plan - 63 Sycamore Avenue Dogsthorpe, item 7. PDF 22 MB
- 1401560FUL - 63 Sycamore Avenue Dogsthorpe, item 7. PDF 90 KB