Agenda, decisions and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Philippa Turvey; Senior Governance Officer
Apologies for Absence
Declarations of Interest
At this point Members must declare whether they have a disclosable pecuniary interest, or other interest, in any of the items on the agenda, unless it is already entered in the register of members’ interests or is a “pending notification “ that has been disclosed to the Solicitor to the Council.
Members must also declare if they are subject to their party group whip in relation to any items under consideration.
DECISION NOTICE - LICENSING ACT 2003 SUB-COMMITTEE
APPLICATION FOR A PREMISES LICENCE AT THE CO-OPERATIVE FOOD, OUNDLE ROAD, PETERBOROUGH, PE2 7DF
15 MAY 2015
This Decision Notice refers to the application for a premises licence for the Co-operative store at, Oundle Road, Peterborough, PE2 7DF.
We have considered the representations made to us today and in writing in objection to the application by other persons. The objections outlined included:
The Sub Committee also gave consideration to the conditions (appendix 1), proposed by the applicant, which included:
· The CCTV system coverage, availability, incident logging and storage;
· The premises operation of a proof of age scheme, such as a Challenge 25,
· Burglar alarm system;
· Panic button system for staff to utilise in the case of an emergency;
· Complaints procedure arrangements, such as availability in store and upon request.
· Training in relation to age restricted products and in particular the sale of alcohol;
· An age cashier till prompt system will be utilised at the premises in respect of age restricted products;
· A refusals register arrangement to be maintained; and
· Appropriate fire safety and health and safety regulation arrangements to be in place at the store.
The options available to the Committee were:
· Decide to grant the licence in the same terms as it was applied for;
· Decide to grant the licence, but to modify or add conditions (to promote the licensing objectives); or
· Decide to refuse to grant the licence.
The Sub Committee, is satisfied that the Applicant’s operating schedule is sufficiently robust to address the concerns of the local residents who made representations.
We therefore GRANT the licence for the premises, known as Co-operative Food, Oundle Road, Peterborough, PE2 7DF, as applied.
Any party in objection to the decision may appeal to the Peterborough Magistrates Court within 21 days of receiving this formal notice at:
Peterborough Court House, Bridge Street, Peterborough, PE1 1ED. Tel No. 0845 3100575. There is a fee to pay.
APPLICANT’S PROPOSED CONDITIONS UNDER THE LICENSING OBJECTIVES:
Crime and disorder