Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Skills, Education and Children's Services'
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet Member is recommended to:
1. Approve Peterborough City Council awarding a contract to CACI Limited for the provision of its Education IT System from 1 July 2023 for a period of 3 years (with the option to extend for a further 12 months). The estimated value of the total 3-year contract period is approximately £787,597 (RPI included, VAT is not included). An additional year would cost £107,832.
PCC currently use different systems and processes to meet their statutory obligations for Education. The move to CACI would put the child record (largely) in a single system across the Education service, reducing the risks around data being in more than one place.
The proposed solution offers advanced technical solutions including two-way digital engagement for schools/providers, professionals and parents.
Do nothing: this would leave the Education services using existing systems, with the limitations described above. This option has been rejected because:
· The opportunity to have a single view of the child would be missed and the potential for reducing administrative burdens
· An integrated single new system can improve safeguarding through appropriate information sharing
· A new system will remove data duplication and reduce the risk of data protection incidents
· The current contract cannot be extended indefinitely and the current system is not cloud-based, incurring significant additional server-associated costs.
· The net savings from introducing the new system are already built into the MTFS from 24/25 and this saving would be at risk if the new system is not implemented. These savings are based solely on the software itself and do not include the other benefits that will be achieved by the introduction of the new system.
There were none.
There were none.
Publication date: 27/06/2023
Date of decision: 27/06/2023
Effective from: 01/07/2023