Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, Education, Skills and the University
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet Member:
1) Approved the funding of accommodation, care and support in compliance with the authority’s statutory responsibilities as listed in the report.
2) Authorised the award of contract for the care services provision to the Preferred Bidder following a compliant procurement process led by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group.
The Council must adhere to statutory responsibilities as detailed below:
· The local authority and The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group have a statutory duty under the Mental Health Act 1983 Section 117 to ensure and fundthe aftercare of patients detained under s3, 37, 45A, 47 or 48. Section 117 places an obligation on the clinical commissioning group (CCG) and the local social services authority (LSSA) to provide aftercare services until they are satisfied that the person concerned no longer needs such services. Under the Act, the obligation rests with the CCG and LSSA for the area in which the person concerned is resident. These Aftercare services apply to children, young people and adults.
· The young person concerned will also be a child in care under section 20 of the Children Act 1984, and therefore our statutory responsibilities at the time of discharge from hospital will begin.
· In order to secure the optimum care service the C&PCCG led on the procurement of a care services provider via NHS Shared Business Solutions. The Local Authority worked in partnership to develop the suite of contract documents and tender for care services provision.
· The outcome of this Invitation to Tender is that a Preferred Bidder has, through a very robust process involving all stakeholders been recommended for contract award details of which are to be found in Appendix 1.
Detailed in Exempt Annex - Appendix 1
Publication date: 17/12/2021
Date of decision: 17/12/2021
Effective from: 23/12/2021