Appointments And Nominations To Outside Bodies Update - JUL19/CMDN/22
Decision Maker: Leader of the Council and Deputy Mayor of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet Member approved:
1. The removal of the follow organisations from the list of appointments and nominations to outside organisations:
· Orton Wistow Community Centre Management Committee/Community Association
· Peterborough Racial Equality Council
· West Town Community Association/St John’s Hall
· Walton Community Association
· Peterborough Local Access Forum
2. The addition of the Peterborough Flood and Water Management (FloW) Partnership and the Growing our Green Spaces Future Parks Accelerator Project to the list of appointments to outside organisations, within the Local Strategic and Executive category.
3. The appointment of Councillor Hiller as the representative to the Peterborough Flood and Water Management (FloW) Partnership and Councillor Cereste as the representation to the Growing our Green Spaces Future Parks Accelerator Project for the remainder of the 2019/2020 municipal year.
Reasons for the decision:
The recommendations have been made to ensure that the record of Members either appointment or nominated to outside organisations is as up to date and as accurate as possible.
Alternative options considered:
Leave the lists as they are – this option was dismissed, as to do so would leave inaccurate information within Council records, and to have Members formally appointed and nominated to inactive organisations, or organisations that did not wish to have Council representation.
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
Publication date: 10/07/2019
Date of decision: 10/07/2019