Implementation of School Transport Policy for children aged 4 to 16 years - APR19/CMDN/107
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Education Skills and University
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet Member approved the implementation of the Council’s School Transport Policy for pupils aged 4 to 16 years, effective from April 2019.
Reasons for the decision:
It is a requirement under the Department for Education Guidance 2014 for the Council to publish general arrangements and policies in respect of home to school transport. The policy now reflects changes to guidance relating to appeals and updated references to reflect education reform (i.e. Education, Health and Care Plans in place of Statements of Special Educational Needs).
Alternative options considered:
The following option was considered and rejected:
Continue to use the existing policy which did not reflect changes as a result of SEND reform.
· Department for Education Guidance 2014
· Home to School Travel and Transport guidance – Statutory guidance for Local Authorities. Department of Education (July 2014)
· The Council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy (2017/18 – 2026/27)
· Peterborough Long Term Transport Strategy (LTTS) (2011-2026)
· Peterborough Local Transport Plan 4 (LTP4) (2016 to 2026), Sections 444, 508A, 508B, 508C 508D, 509AD and Schedule 35B of the Education Act 1996 (the Act), as inserted by Part 6 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 (the EIA 2006)
· Regulation 5 and Part 2 of Schedule 2 to The School Information (England) Regulations 2002, as amended
Publication date: 11/04/2019
Date of decision: 11/04/2019