Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Children's Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet Member for Children's Services:
1. Approved the award of the following contracts which will make up the portfolio of Community Short Break services. These contracts will commence 1st April 2019 and will last for a period of three years with the option to extend up to 24 months. The total value of the contracts is £325,000 per year.
· Service A1 - Large Groups 7-11 years (Vivacity)
· Service A2 - Large Groups 7-11 years (Circles Network)
· Service B1 - Large Groups 11-19 years (Vivacity)
· Service B2 - Large Groups 11-19 years(Circles Network)
· Service C - Small Groups 7-11 years (Circles Network)
· Service D - Small Groups 11-19 years (Circles Network)
· Service E - One to One Support (Circles Network)
· Service F - Sleep Management Programme (Scope)
2. Authorised the Corporate Director of People & Communities to extend the contracts for a further period of up to 24 months at a cost agreed at the tender stage, plus any variations during the initial term of the contract should Peterborough City Council (PCC) exercise the option to extend.
The proposed approach with support PCC in meeting its statutory duty to meet the assessed needs of CYP with disabilities.
The Community Short Breaks tender was carried out in compliance with the Public Contract Regulations 2015 and in line with PCC Contract Regulations; further details are set out below.
There were no alternative options considered.
Publication date: 24/12/2018
Date of decision: 24/12/2018
Date comes into force if not called in: 05/12/2018
Call-in deadline date: 04/12/2018