CCTV Shared Service - Peterborough City Council / Fenland District Council - DEC18/CMDN/68
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Communities
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet Member:
1. Approved the implementation of a CCTV shared service with Fenland District Council as set out in this report and in accordance with the Tranche 1 Budget Consultation.
2. Delegated approval to the Service Director for Communities and Safety to agree the final operational model of delivery with Fenland District Council counterparts.
Reasons for the decision:
- We need to meet budget targets and reduce service costs. Bringing these services together will allow economy of scale for both personnel and infrastructure
- A shared service will increase our capacity to develop a commercial focus and maximise revenue potential. As a single team, we would not be competing in the same marketplace.
- Both services have Issues with business continuity for 24/7/365 delivery. Bringing resources together will increase resilience under a single management structure
- Service delivery will be maintained for both areas. Cameras / coverage continues as at present. The community would see no change.
Alternative options considered:
- Consideration as been given to retaining an as-is model (no merge). This would not generate sufficient efficiency or financial savings
- Consideration has been given to a wider CCTV merge with other county Partners. Huntingdon and Cambs City already operate as a joint shared service arrangement, however they are tied into a contract with a CCTV provider until 2021 and do not currently have a commercial capacity. This does not fit with FDC / PCC timelines or objectives
- Outsourcing to a 3rd party provider has also been considered and discounted due to unacceptable cost implications
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
Medium Term Financial Strategy Tranche 1 (2018)
Publication date: 19/12/2018
Date of decision: 18/12/2018