Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet considered the report and RESOLVED (unanimous) to:
1. Approve the Tranche One service proposals, outlined in Appendix D to the report as the basis for public consultation.
2. Approve the updated budget assumptions, to be incorporated within the Medium Term Financial Strategy 2019/20- 2021/22. These are outlined in section 5 of the report.
3. Approve the revised capital programme approach outlined in section 5.8 and referencing Appendix C to the report.
4. Approve the additional resourcing of £1.4m, required to deliver transformation projects, in order to achieve future financial benefits. These are outlined in section 5.6 of the report.
5. Approve Medium Term Financial Strategy 2019/20-2021/22- Tranche One, as set out in the body of the report and the following appendices:
· Appendix A – 2019/20-2021/22 MTFS Detailed Budget Position- Tranche One
· Appendix B – Performance Data
· Appendix C – Capital Schemes
· Appendix D – Budget Consultation Document, including Budget Proposals
· Appendix E – Equality Impact Assessments
6. Note the future strategic direction for the Council outlined in section 5.7 of the report.
7. Note the forecast reserves position outlined in section 5.9 of the report.
The Council must set a lawful and balanced budget. The approach outlined in this report worked towards this requirement.
No alternative option had been considered as the Cabinet was responsible under the constitution for initiating budget proposals and the Council was statutorily obliged to set a lawful and balanced budget by 11 March annually.
Publication date: 11/06/2018
Date of decision: 11/06/2018