Peterborough Local Plan Further Draft - NOV16/CAB/66
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Approved the Further Draft version of the Peterborough Local Plan for public consultation starting in December 2016, subject to:
· The amendment of policy LP3, on page 17, to reflect the updated table included within the supplementary report; and
· The amendment of page 28 to read “on all development proposals of 50 dwellings or more 2% of homes should meet Building Regulations part M (Volume 1), Category 3;” and
- Delegated authority to officers to make any minor, inconsequential amendments to the Document prior to its publication (in order to correct matters of fact or aid clarity to the reader).
Reasons for the decision:
Cabinet were asked to approve the Further Draft version of the Local Plan so that public consultation could be carried out on this document.
Alternative options considered:
The alternative option of not preparing a new Local Plan was rejected by Cabinet in July 2015 as part of the approval of Local Development Scheme.
The alternative options for each policy would be assessed as part of the Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Report to be published in December 2016 alongside the Further Draft Local Plan for public consultation. Consultation would also help inform the council of options which could be considered as the plan progressed.
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
· Preliminary Draft Local Plan (Jan 2016)
· Local Plan Key Issues report (May 2016)
· Strategic Housing, Economic Land Availability assessment (May 2016)
· Local Development Scheme (August 2016)
Publication date: 07/11/2016
Date of decision: 07/11/2016
Effective from: 11/11/2016
- It is not anticipated that there will be any documents other than the report and relevant appendices to be published.