Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approval to award for a Children/Young People
Home & Community Support Pseudo Dynamic Purchasing System and
3x block contracts.
1. Approved the award of 3x Children/Young People Home & Community Support block contracts, each with a contract term of 3 years with an option to extend up to 2 years in increments of 12 months from the 01.02.2024, as follows:
1.1. to Circles Network (Company number: 02972700), with a value of £50,000 per annum (£250,000 for the contract term including extension period).
1.2. to Sabanu Care Ltd (Company number: 12922944), with a value of £50,000 per annum (£250,000 for the contract term including extension period).
1.3. to Greenhill Healthcare Ltd (Company number: 13796928), with a value of £50,000 per annum (£250,000 for the contract term including extension period).
2. Approved the award of the Children/Young People’s Home & Community Support Pseudo Dynamic Purchasing System (PDPS); the contract term is 5 + 3 + 2 years and has an overall contract value of up to £10,000,000 over the whole contract term (including 2 extension periods). The list of approved providers were outlined in Appendix 1.
3. Delegated approval to the Executive Director Adult Social Care & Commissioning to extend the Contract Term up to 10 years (for the PDPS) in accordance with the contract provisions.
4. Delegated approval to the Executive Director Adult Social Care & Commissioning to extend the Contract Term for each or any of the 3x block contracts up to 5 years (per block contract) in accordance with the contract provisions.
5. Delegated approval to the Executive Director Adult Social Care & Commissioning to agree to an uplift (per annum) on the hourly rate; subject to internal governance arrangements and the value given in the published Contract Notice.
Home & Community Support is a statutory service and a key part of the provision offered to children & young people with disabilities and complex needs, and their families within PCC. The current commissioning arrangements for this type of support are not meeting the needs of children/young people in Peterborough and there is increasing demands for this type of support.
A number of options were considered throughout the Home & Community Support review. In not proceeding with the award of these contracts, the alternative option would be to continue commissioning these statutory services through the CCC led All-Age Home & Community Support DPS. This option was rejected due to the current arrangements not meeting need and in light of increasing demand; proceeding with the proposed option also ensures there are commissioning and quality assurance arrangements in place for High Level Family Support.
There were none.
People & Communities Joint Commissioning Board (P&C JCB) Paper November 2022
CWD Sufficiency Strategy
Publication date: 14/11/2023
Date of decision: 13/11/2023
Effective from: 18/11/2023