Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered the final report of the Task and Finish Group and recommended to continue to work with officers to provide a comprehensive response to the report to the Scrutiny committee.
The reasons for making the recommendations are:
1. The LCWIP has been reviewed and amendments to routes have been identified to support a network plan for cycling and walking on specific routes that have the greatest potential to increase the numbers of people choosing to walk and cycle in the future.
2. To generate a prioritised programme of conceptual high level infrastructure improvements for investment in the future that are LTN 1/20 design standard compliant.
3. To improve the provision of high-quality walking and cycling infrastructure in the future.
4. To ensure the LCWIP is considered for all future developments and site allocations and be referenced and considered in the new Local Plan.
5. The Council enables cross department collaboration with lead officers to improve sustainable transport development opportunities in the future.
6. Having an LCWIP in place the Council will be able to evidence the case for investment and bid for funding from the DfT to develop and deliver cycle improvements across the city in the future.
If Peterborough did not produce an LCWIP the Council will not be best placed to bid for funding for cycle and walking schemes in the future. In addition, the LCWIP will have a key role to enable more people to travel via active and sustainable modes which will have a significant impact in reducing carbon and meeting the climate change commitments the Council has made.
There were none.
Publication date: 14/11/2023
Date of decision: 13/11/2023
Effective from: 18/11/2023