Budget Control Report September 2020 - 20NOV/CAB/46
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report provides Cabinet with the forecast for 2020/21 as at September 2020 budgetary control position.
Cabinet considered the report and RESOLVED to note:
1. The Budgetary Control position for 2020/21 as at 30 September 2020 was a forecast overspend of £4.3m against budget. This included the current estimated impact of C-19 and the additional C-19 response funding.
2. Included in this report was a forecast £38.1m of additional pressure due to C-19, as reported to the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government, within the October return, as outlined in section 4.
3. The reduction in collection rates in respect of Council Tax and National Non-Domestic Rates, in comparison to the levels achieved in 2019/20, as outlined in section 4;
4. The additional funding that had been made available and allocated to the business community due to C-19, as outlined in section 4;
5. The key variance analysis and explanations were contained in Appendix A;
6. The Council’s reserves position, as outlined within Appendix A.
Publication date: 16/11/2020
Date of decision: 16/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 16/11/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/11/2020