Aragon Direct Services Providing PCC Trade Waste - NOV20/CMDN/43
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Waste, Street Scene and the Environment
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet Member:
1. Approved the award of the Peterborough City Council (PCC) trade waste contract to Peterborough Limited trading as Aragon Direct Services (ADS) for a period of 9 years with a mutual break clause at year 5.
2. Approved the amendment of the Operational Services Agreement (OSA) between PCC and Peterborough Limited to include trade waste in accordance with the OSA’s contractual Additional Services procedure.
3. Delegated authority to the Director of Law and Governance in Consultation with the Corporate Director, Resources and the Executive Director Place and Economy to effect the matters referred to above.
Reasons for the decision:
ADS is a Local Authority owned company and as such any profits made come back to the Authority, ADS have produced a specification and quote to carry out the trade waste work for PCC both at a competitive price and also to the high level of service we require. It is also noted that by awarding this work to ADS they can further build on their trade waste offering across the City
Alternative options considered:
It was considered to not award ADS the PCC trade waste and look to re tender these services however the ADS business case offers good value for PCC but also the opportunity to further income generation moving forwards.
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
Publication date: 11/11/2020
Date of decision: 11/11/2020
Effective from: 17/11/2020
- CMD Report ADS Trade Waste ALM PUB PDF 127 KB
- It is not anticipated that there will be any documents other than the report and relevant appendices to be published.