Approval to award contracts in relation to children's centre services for the period 1 April 2020 to 1 October 2020 NOV19/CMDN/57
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, Education, Skills and the University
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet Member authorised the award of a 6 month contract to:
1. Barnardos, the Service Provider of children’s centres for the Central and East Locality from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020 for a value of £388 581.50
2. Spurgeons, the Service Provider of Children’s Centres for the South Locality from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020 for the value of £88 540
3. Spurgeons, the Service Provider of Children’s Centres, for the North, West and Rural Locality from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020 for the value of £214 180
Reasons for the decision:
This decision will enable services to continue whist a tender for services is completed.
Alternative options considered:
To do nothing – this was rejected as the contracts in place would end and would not enable services to continue until the completion of the procurement.
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
Publication date: 21/11/2019
Date of decision: 21/11/2019
Effective from: 27/11/2019
- CMDN contract extensions PUB PDF 233 KB
- It is not anticipated that there will be any documents other than the report and relevant appendices to be published.