Decision Request for Variation of the Woodston Public Spaces Protection Order - APR19/CMDN/102
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Communities
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet Member authorised variations of the Woodston Public Spaces Protection Order under Section 61 of the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime & Policing Act 2014.
Reasons for the decision:
If implemented, the varied Woodston Public Spaces Protection Order will directly enable the Local Authority and the Safer Peterborough Partnership achieve the objectives to ‘Keep our communities safe, cohesive and healthy’ and ‘Tackling anti-social behaviour.’
If implemented, the Public Spaces Protection Order will give more powers to Police and authorised Council officers to tackle anti-social behaviour in the proposed area, thus improving the quality of life for people who live, work and visit this area of the City.
The proposed PSPO area for Woodston currently includes a DPPO area which the local authority is required to review by October 2020. This proposed varied PSPO will allow for additional conditions to be added and the area extended to improve the quality of life for those that live, work and visit in this wider area and will be effective for 3 years
Alternative options considered:
Do nothing and continue with existing DPPO restriction in tackling alcohol-related ASB until October 2020. The opportunity to easily and quickly address other quality of life issues would be missed. Both Police and authorised Council officers will continue to be limited in terms of which quality of life issues that they are able to enforce under current legislation, policy and competing priorities.
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
Publication date: 02/04/2019
Date of decision: 02/04/2019
- CMDN Woodston PSPO v3 - PUB PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 1 - Photo evidence of drugs, alcohol and associated ASB PDF 7 MB
- Appendix 2 - Detailed statistics for Peterborough, Cambridgeshire Constabulary Woodston PSPO area - Police.uk PDF 261 KB
- Appendix 3 - Draft varied PSPO for Woodston PDF 54 KB
- Appendix 4 - Proposed Woodston PSPO area map PDF 228 KB
- Appendix 5 - Unauthorised camping Woodston Riverside March 19 PDF 23 MB
- Appendix 6 - Woodston Consultation Results - Bar Charts PDF 86 KB