Minerals and Waste Local Plan - Further Draft for Consultation - FEB19/CAB/86
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Approval of the Further Draft version of the
Joint Peterborough and Cambridgeshire Minerals and Waste Local Plan
for Public Consultation
Cabinet considered the report and RESOLVED to:
1. Approve the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Minerals and Waste Local Plan - Further Draft (Appendix 1 to the report) and the associated Policies Map (Appendix 2 to the report) (which set out the new or revised allocations), for the purpose of subsequent public consultation likely commencing in March 2019.
2. Delegate to officers the authority to make any minor non-consequential amendments to the Plan as attached, prior to consultation, in order to: correct any typographical errors; improve presentation; or address any minor amendments arising from the Plan’s consideration by Cambridgeshire County Council’s democratic process.
3. Delegate to the Cabinet Member for Growth, Planning, Housing and Economic Development authority to make more substantive changes to the Plan as attached, prior to consultation, provided he should see fit to do so, if it would help to address any more substantive suggested amendments arising from the Plan’s consideration by Cambridgeshire County Council’s democratic process.
Reasons for the decision:
Two main reasons for the recommendation:
? As a ‘top tier’ authority, the council has a statutory duty to maintain a Minerals and Waste Local Plan.
? The council has agreed to proceed with preparation of an updated Plan.
This report ensures the council is meeting its obligations and commitments.
Alternative options considered:
- To not prepare a plan. This option was rejected by Cabinet in July 2017.
- Any options relating to not undertaking consultation or not complying with national policy were immediately rejected, as it would be unlawful to do so.
- Alternative options for Plan content will be considered (and appraised under the legally required sustainability appraisal framework) as this Plan progresses.
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
Peterborough LDS - August 2017
Publication date: 04/02/2019
Date of decision: 04/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 04/02/2019 - Cabinet