Developing a Think Communities Approach and Delivering the Integrated Communities Strategy - FEB19/CAB/85
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, the public sector are seeking to bring together a combined approach to developing community resilience. The aim of the Think Communities approach is to unite key public sector organisations behind a common set of goals and priorities which support the development of communities, deliver better outcomes and through better early intervention at community level, reduce demand on statutory services.
Cabinet will be asked to approve this approach as a key partner in Think Communities and to approve the Integrated Communities Strategy.
Cabinet considered the report and RESOLVED to:
1. Approve the Think Communities approach across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
2. Note the progress to deliver an Integrated Communities pilot programme, incorporating the work on Inclusive Cities
Reasons for the decision:
Officers are keen to ensure our communities are empowered and supported to become more resilient, that demand for statutory services is managed more effectively, and that outcomes for citizens are improved.
Cabinet is recommended to approve this report in order to deliver the outcomes within the delivery plan submitted to Government for funding.
Alternative options considered:
The alternative is for organisations to work more in isolation, each with limited resources and more likelihood of duplication of effort and points of contact with communities.
Not to accept funding to deliver the Integrated Communities Strategy work with Government. This alternative has been rejected, due to the loss of funding and opportunity to test new methods of delivery which will improve outcomes for the city.
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
People and Communities Strategy
Publication date: 04/02/2019
Date of decision: 04/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 04/02/2019 - Cabinet
- 10. Developing a Think Communities Approach and Delivering the Integrated Communities Strategy PDF 141 KB
- 10. Appendix 1 - Developing a Think Communities Approach and Delivering the Integrated Communities Strategy PDF 92 KB
- 10. Appendix 2 - Developing a Think Communities Approach and Delivering the Integrated Communities Strategy PDF 131 KB