Cabinet considered the report and RESOLVED (unanimous) to:
1. Note the statutory advice of the Chief Finance Officer outlined in section 6, The Robustness Statement. This was required to highlight the robustness of budget estimates and the adequacy of the reserves.
2. Note all the grant figures which are provisional, pending the Final Settlement in late February 2018.
3. Approve the Phase Two budget proposals, outlined in Appendix H, as the basis for public consultation. This included a 5.99 per cent council tax increase, assumed in the 2017/18 Medium Term Financial Strategy and a change in service delivery for the 0-25 Provider service.
4. Approve the Medium Term Financial Strategy 2018/19-2020/21 as the basis for consultation, as set out in the body of the report and the following appendices:
· Appendix A – Budget Context highlighted in Phase One, MTFS for 2018/19-2020/21
· Appendix B – 2018/19 MTFS detailed position
· Appendix C – 2018/19 MTFS by department
· Appendix D – 2018/19 MTFS by Service
· Appendix E – Capital Schemes
· Appendix F – Council Grants
· Appendix G – Fees and Charges
· Appendix H – Budget Proposals (consultation document)
· Appendix I – Equality Impact Assessments
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 02/02/2018
Decision due: 26 Feb 2018 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Resources
Lead director: Corporate Director Resources
Contact: Peter Carpenter Email: email@example.com.
Full consultation starts on 1 February 2018
Relevant Scrutiny Committee: Growth, Environment and Resources