Award of Contract For Remodelling South Side Town Hall - OCT17/CMDN/47
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Resources
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet Member:
1. Authorised the main refurbishment of the Town South to enable the letting of the space to a new tenant, up to the value of the budget sum of £2,432,592 including contingency.
2. Authorised the Council to award the design and build contract to Coulson & Sons Limited.
3. Authorised the Director for Legal and Governance, or delegated officers, to enter into any other legal documentation on behalf of the Council in relation to this matter, including the design and build contract.
Reasons for the decision:
Agreeing the recommendations will enable formal contractual arrangements to be confirmed with Coulson and Son Ltd to commence the main refurbishment work. This in turn will enable the Council to fulfil its intention to let the space at the South of the Town Hall within the timeframes described.
This will secure additional revenue for the council in support of its medium term financial plans and support its move the new council offices at Sand Martin House.
Alternative options considered:
To do nothing: that is, not to move to the main construction following the already granted enabling works. This would leave the Town hall South in an unfinished state and mean that it would be left vacant following decant of staff to the Sand Martin House offices in 2018.
To retender to the construction market for a contractor: this was rejected because of the timescales and costs of going out to the market at this point in the programme.
Interests and Nature of Interests Declared:
Appendix 1 – Value for Money Report (Exempt Annex)
Appendix 2 – Stage 1 Tender Report (Exempt Annex)
Publication date: 06/10/2017
Date of decision: 06/10/2017
Effective from: 12/10/2017
- CMDN TH South Main Works 051017 - PUB PDF 79 KB
- It is not anticipated that there will be any further documents